Awesome news. Congrats to all!
San Francisco, CA. May 20, 2010 at Google I/O.
Extension Entertainment Inc. has launched its initial product today: ExtensionFM. ExtensionFM is a Chrome browser extension that allows users to turn the entire web into their personal music library. The extension identifies every MP3 file on pages visited and creates an index of those songs for the user to enjoy. The app is being demonstrated at the Google I/O Developer Sandbox and is available for immediate download at http://www.extension.fm or in the Chrome extensions gallery at https://chrome.google.com/extensions.
ExtensionFM leverages next generation HTML5 technology to provide several compelling features:
- Indexes every MP3 file a user encounters as they surf the web.
- Allows for playback from the initial page, or from within ExtensionFM.
- Provides a constantly updating stream of music from all the sites a user visits with MP3s.
- Instant, sustained playback of multiple tracks from those sites - even after the user has left the page.
- Auto-updates the sites visited - every new MP3 is added to the library.
- Links directly to Amazon.com for music purchases.
- Scrobbles to Last.fm.
“ExtensionFM blends natively with the browser to create the most compelling web-based music library ever seen. Music discovery and playback has just been taken to a new level” - Dan Kantor, CEO Extension Entertainment, Inc.
In addition, Extension Entertainment announced that is has raised a round of financing from Spark Capital, Betaworks, Founder Collective and Dave Morgan. Bijan Sabet, partner at Spark Captial will join the Extension Entertainment board of directors.
Extension Entertainment Inc. is turbo-charging music discovery on the web. It was founded in 2010 by Dan Kantor, Charles Smith and Marshall Jones and is based in New York City.